Mom cooks dinner, Dad makes coffee every morning, Mom does my laundry even when I tell her repeatedly I prefer to do my own, Mom Vaccuums, Dad is always excited to see me, I think you get the point.
So anyways, I moved back home in August when my lease at my apartment was up. One last go around with the rents' before the big W (wedding, for those of you who are not informed). Oh, it has been a joy. And, sometimes quite the contrary, but I think we're having fun, or at least I am. I won't speak for the rest.
Other General Updates:
- I picked up a PRN Hospice Nursing Job, and really enjoy it. I know, you all think I'm crazy, but as the chaplain said today, "There is more joy in developing a relationship with someone than there is sorrow when someone passes away. That's why people keep coming back to it." Well put, sir. I agree.
- The Wedding Invitations are sent. I love them. They are adorable. I also love rushing to the mailbox everyday to see who sent their RSVP.
- Also, we taste tested the food yesterday at Embassy Suites, and if you are in any way doubting whether you want chicken or salmon, the salmon was delicious!
- I made a t-shirt quilt this past weekend with my great aunts, second cousins, and my momma bear. It was such a joy to be able to talk with my great aunts, listen to their stories, and finish that t-shirt quilt. After all, the squares for the t-shirt quilt had been cut and lying in a bag for almost a year now...
- Also, special shout out to my mother bear for helping me with the T-Shirt Quilt, definitely could not have done that by myself.
- I am leaving tomorrow to go to Colorado with my mom and all of her friends from KC. I plan on finding out if they were the "cool" mom group from school.
- I am teaching two days a week for Creighton's Undergraduate Nursing Students. It is a real joy to be apart of their learning. At the same time, it can be quite chaotic, and overwhelming. But, I'm enjoying it so far.
- Dave and I took engagment pictures, one set was done by his sister-in-law Samantha, you can check her out at lupophotography.blogspot.com/. And, the other set was done by our photogapher for our wedding,Lane, and you can find him at http://laneweddings.com/. Both were fabulous.
- Oh, also, a few weekends ago my Dad, Dave, and me painted his entire kitchen, living room, and dining room. I also made curtains for each room with the sewing machine, respectively. I think I have more of my grandma in me than I thought.
- Lastly, make sure you notice my shoes at the wedding, they are my Grandmother's wedding shoes who passed away last January. She would be thrilled to know she gets to be part of the wedding!
I think that should have been more than enough for you to read about tonight, so with that, I shall say, goodnight.