Friday, January 28, 2011

Apple Pie Oatmeal

Hello my few and faithful readers,

For the past few weeks, I've been having oatmeal for breakfast. I usually throw a little fruit in it, or maybe some nuts, but today with a little extra time on my hands I decided to spruce it up a bit.

So, I headed into the kitchen this morning, and surveyed my counter. A few apples left from the 24 that you get from Costco in one shopping experience. So, I decided my oatmeal was going to have apples in it. Then, I thought, it should probably also have some cinnamon and sugar in it. So, with no further ado, here is my recipe for Apple Pie Oatmeal:

Apple Pie Oatmeal

1 1/2 cups of Water
3/4 cups oats
1 apple, finely chopped
A sprinkle of cinnamon
A sprinkle of sugar

Directions: Bring water to a boil, add in your oats, stir until cooked completely. Meanwhile, chop the apple into fine pieces, and sprinkle a little cinnamon and sugar on your apples in separate bowl. Mix all the cinnamon and sugar together on the apples. When oatmeal is done, mix the apple mixture into a bowl. Enjoy!

Do any of you have any fun ways to spruce up your oatmeal?

No comments:

Post a Comment