Friday, January 6, 2012

Bridal Shower


So,

I know this all may seem a little backward, but when I finally got around to downloading pictures from my camera tonight, I realized I needed to catch my blog up on events gone by.

So, I'm going to start with posting about my Bridal Shower. Other posts to come include: Quiltfest Weekend, Bachelorette Party, WEDDING, Christmas, and Honeymoon. I'll get caught up. Eventually.

So, to start with let me introduce you to my Bestie (Gwenn), who was gracious and sweet enough to host my Bridal shower with my Mom.

My Bestie, Gwenn, on the right.

My Shower took place on November 27th. It was the Sunday after Thanksgiving. And, it was perfect. Gwenn, along with some of my bridesmaids orchestrated a little "love letter video" from my future husband at the time to show at the shower. I was completely surprised, and loved it. Here is a link to the sweet little love letter video:

Love Letter Video Link 

We enjoyed the shower mid-morning, so we had a brunch which consisted of Christmas flavored Sangria, Breakfast Casserole, and Scones. My Aunts came into town, friends came, and Bridesmaids came...

Even, a special friend to our family, Donna Leeder, made the drive from Kansas City that Day!

 My mom (on left) & Donna L. (on right).

I opened some very nice and thoughtful gifts, and inbetween opening gifts I had to grab from the "Honeymoon bag." The Honeymoon bag was my Vera Bradley bag I packed for our Honeymoon, and it consisted of things I would need while on the Honeymoon. Some items, were what we would call "clean," and some will go unmentioned. Either way, it was my Mom's idea. Make of that what you will. :) It was a HOOT!


Dave's Godfather's Wife, Connie, to the left supplied me with everything I could ever need to bake and cook in the kitchen!


Matching orange sunglasses that Dave and I wore every single day on our Honeymoon. The locals loved it.


My Mother-in-Law (Left), Me, My Momma (Right).


Amy and I. My rooms. One of my bridesmaids. We lived together for three years and didn't cause too much trouble :)


Gwenn, Me, Jackie (another awesome Bridesmaid)!


Well, that was a fun trip down memory lane. Hope you enjoyed it. I was so thankful and grateful to have all that love and support with me on that special day for my Bridal Shower!


No comments:

Post a Comment