Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Coffee Cake

Good Evening!
Today, I spent the majority of the day at the clinic getting back into the swing of things. It was really quite nice. I enjoyed meeting new people, seeing patients, and doing my write-ups. Nerd alert. Yes, I enjoyed doing my write-up.
But, onto more exciting things. I'm becoming quite buddy-buddy with the lady who did our cake for our wedding, Paula. She's awesome, and a fantastic baker! She's been helping me out, and giving me tips! Seriously, she's a life saver when it comes to knowing if you have whipped your whip cream enough! 

Anyways, I haven't seen Dave's Godmother since we got back from our Honeymoon, so I invited her over tomorrow afternoon to see the house, and drink some coffee. I texted my go-to-girl, Paula, and asked for something to make to go with the coffee. 

What did she suggest? 


So, my hubby-dear (I  love being married) ran to the grocery store for me for a few minor ingredients I needed. And, after dinner, I went to work in the kitchen.

Here are a few shots of this deliciousness, goodness, creaminess, mmmm....




I think it's going to be delicious. My husband licked the beater dry. 

Here is the recipe (also linked above):

Ingredients:
½ cup sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 cup semi-sweet or milk chocolate chips
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1 cup butter, softened
2 cups sour cream
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
¼ – ½ cup extra chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine ½ cup sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Add one cup of chocolate chips and set aside. In a stand mixer, mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Mix on low speed until well combined. Add butter, sour cream, eggs, and vanilla. Beat for 2 minutes. Pour half the batter into a greased 9 x 11 pan. Sprinkle half the topping over the batter. Pour remaining batter on top. Sprinkle with the remaining topping. Add extra chocolate chips to the top.  Bake for 50 – 60 minutes or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.


Sleep tight! Can't wait for breakfast!



No comments:

Post a Comment