Tuesday, August 6, 2013

The Living Space


I thought I'd share with y'all  everyone how we decided to decorate our apartment!
I have seen it done where a bunch of pictures/art/whatever you want is just sort of made into a collage on the wall, and I wanted to create that for us. 
At first, I thought we were going to have to buy a bunch of art, but as I unpacked our boxes I realized I probably wouldn't have to buy anything new (going from a 4 bedroom house, to a 1 bedroom loft apartment has some perks)!
So, I set out to figure out how people do this. 

Step 1: I pretty much just laid everything out on the floor and arranged it until I liked the way it looked together. I did read that it is good to space your items about one inch away from other itmes, and 1.5-2 inches for bigger items. I didn't follow that exactly, I just spaced them as my eyes wanted to.


Step 2: We went to the store and got butcher paper, and I laid it underneath all the items, and traced. This step takes some patience.

 Step 3: I cut everything out (this also requires patience), and taped it to the wall just as I had arranged it on the floor to make sure it still looked ok...which I thought it did. I did a little tweaking.

 Step 4: Hang the pictures!

 Step 5: Step back....

 Step 6: Straighten with a leveler your Husband teaches you how to use..I think that's what it's called?


 Step 7: Enjoy!

I really do love it! It was a great way for us to hang up all the pictures we had in Omaha, instead of stuffing them in boxes in storage. I am probably going to add a few items as we go along, but for now I think it's a great start. It makes the apartment feel cozy.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment