Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Mom

My Mom used to have a staple she'd make when we were growing up...

It was Beef Stroganoff served over rice.

It was also one of my favorite meals ever. So, I called her today to get the protocol down because I wanted to make it..

It's not quite as good as hers, but it does the job..




I served it over brown rice that I had left from earlier in the week. And, it was mmm, mmm good!

Here's the recipe I used:

Beef Stroganoff

1 pound of ground turkey
1 8 ounce carton of fat free sour cream
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 cup water
2 teaspoons instant beef bouillon granules
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
2 cups fresh mushrooms chopped
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
2 cups white or brown rice

1. In a small bowl stir together sour cream and flour. Stir in water, bouillon granules, and pepper. Set aside.
2. In a large skillet cook and stir the ground turkey, mushrooms, onion, and garlic in hot butter over medium-high heat about 5 minutes or until the meat is browned. Drain off fat.
3. Stir sour cream mixture into meat mixture in skillet. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 1 minute more. Serve mixture over rice.

Source: Better Homes and Gardens Cookbook: Bridal Edition

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment