Sunday, February 19, 2012

Vanilla Cupcakes with Vanilla Frosting

If you haven't noticed by now, I'm rather enjoying myself with all this baking...

I had Thursday afternoon off last week, so I decided to make some belated Valentine's Day treat cupcakes for Dave to take to work (let's not act like we can keep those at the house and still eat in "moderation").

So, after googling for awhile, I decided on a simple Vanilla cupcake with Vanilla frosting, and then I put a raspberry on top for added dramatic affects! 

I found my recipe online from Magnolia Bakery in NYC. 

Here's a picture of the sweet treats...


If I had to make them again...I would bake them a little under 20 minutes (contrary to what the recipe says), and I would definitely use all eight cups of powdered sugar for the frosting.

If you're going to try these, I strongly suggest adding the raspberry. That bite is the best.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment